Unfortunately, CSA will not be participating in the fall Super Liga session. This was a unanimous vote by CSA board members, and I can assure you that it was not an easy decision. We have decided to forgo fall competitive games outside of CSA for the following reasons: 

Safety: As of today, the state of RI is not allowing for games to be played. Whether or not this changes in the future, we are keeping the health and safety of our players as a priority and will not play games.

Logistics: At this point CSA, SuperLiga, and other fall athletics have received limited guidance from the state. We all had anticipated more information by this point to properly plan for soccer to resume. Because we do not have the necessary information, it is virtually impossible for us to prepare for and participate in what could be a doubtful fall Super Liga session.

Player Commitment: Player commitments to Super Liga going into the fall are down 50% due to the uncertainty of COVID-19. Families are expressing concerns for their players participating in competition outside of stable groups i.e. playing surrounding cities and towns. We have listened to you all and have decided that while we will not be playing Super Liga games in the fall, but we will still continue to offer training to all our CSA families within our stable groups.

Financial Commitments: We also do not want to financially commit to play and risk the season being canceled. We will not be able to guarantee the league and its players will receive a full refund and this is not a risk we are willing to take for the club and our families.

So what is next? As we have mentioned, our competitive teams will be rolling forward into this new season. (If there are any changes being made to teams, you will be contacted by your coach). CSA will continue training with stable competitive teams this fall. This will include intra-squad scrimmages within our groups. 

Registration: I will be cancelling the fall competitive program that many of you have already completed registration for. In lieu of your competitive registration, all players continuing their competitive training MUST register for fall developmental. This includes players of all ages and is required for insurance coverage while you are training with your competitive team.  

Competitive/Developmental Collaboration: While you will have training at least once a week with your true competitive team, your competitive coach will also be coaching a developmental team. Your player will also be included in this group for an additional training session. Please keep an eye out for an email that will be coming out from the developmental director, Geoff St. Sauveur, that will outline all of the details for the developmental program.

Please know and remember that this is a competitive program and that we do have new players that are interested in our club. These players as well as current players will be evaluated and added to teams according to their skill levels. This may shuffle current CSA players and teams, so please remind your players to give it their all at each training session. 


Once again, I would like to thank you all for your patience and support as we navigate our way through these unprecedented times. We are doing our best to ensure player safety while also getting them back onto the field with their teammates. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and I will do my best to help you in any way I can. 


Brent Dabrosca

Competitive Director

C: 508-944-7718